Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bummer

Ellie's nerve biopsy has been postponed until Tuesday, October 14 at 9 am. The surgeon needs to do an emergency surgery to remove a brain tumor. I guess that's more important than a nerve biopsy!

The conference was great. I learned some new ideas for Ellie and the philosophy of Active Learning is very interesting. The one-on-one session wasn't that productive mostly because of lack of time, but I still have a lot of ideas to try. I have to admit that I had my hopes up that this would be the key to unlock Ellie's disabilities, and that she would show immediate improvement, but such is not the case with her. It is hard to see the therapies working so well with other kids and then your child just lies there and falls asleep. But I know that progress may take months and years.

We are off this afternoon to get Ellie's bladder and kidneys tested. I'm not sure if we will know the results right away or not. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in There-
    take care-
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on keeping on momma. Don't let men's ideas of success discourage you. You are amazing and so is Ellie. Thanks for sharing our lives with us!
    Much love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete