Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yup, it's July

Hey all, sorry for being so MIA. This summer has proven to be more difficult for me than the winter was. I guess the weather, the yearly activities, the dates on the calendar-they all remind me of last summer and all that took place.

I just don't have much to say. I am hurting. I am surviving. I am growing. I am relying on God's grace. I wish there was something deeper to say, but sometimes at the deepest of our suffering, we stop thinking in words and just... feel.

I do want to keep in touch with you all though. And I don't want my readers to go away. So here are some photos of summer activities for you to enjoy.

VI sports day: a special day for kids with vision problems. The boys were able to partake in the fun activities, and Ellie was able to watch and enjoy a special day.






Father/Son Camping Trip: The boys were able to go on a rustic camping experience with Adam and some friends.




4 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Friend,
    I am thinking of you and praying for you too. It looks like the boys are having some great experiences this summer.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TciR2ITXbaY

    I was listening to this song and thought of you.

    Take care...
    with love
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting...I missed your updates since I'm off of FB for a while. I talked to your mom today and she told me you just updated. Emily, I wish there was a magic "potion" to take away your heartaches, feelings, daily reminders & memories...Remember, that we still have great memories to come and everyday ahead is another blessing. Enjoy your summer with your family
    Barb & Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I want to send you some cyber hugs. Even though I don't get a chance to see or talk to you very often, I want you to know you're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete