Monday, November 24, 2008

Ellie Update

I am amazed to look back at the calendar and see that we made it through the entire month of November without any doctor appointments for Ellie! That has to be a record, and it is a blessing from God that she is doing so well.

We will more than make up for it the first weeks of December, though ;) Starting Dec 1, we will be seeing the Pulmonologist, a *new* Ear, Nose, Throat doctor, an Audiologist, a *new* neurologist, and the eye doctor over the course of two weeks. It will be exciting to meet the new doctors and catch up with old ones and see how Ellie is doing through their eyes.

I did receive word that Ellie's nerve biopsy was officially unsuccessful. The doctor had sent some tissue off to Mayo to see if by some chance he had gotten anything worthwhile, but no, there was nothing there to test.

Otherwise, Ellie is doing well. She is still dealing with her never-ending battle with congestion, but it is merely an inconvenience. She is growing like a weed, weighing nearly 23 lbs. I plan to do a post about her blenderized diet soon, as people often ask about it. I am always willing to talk about how well Ellie is eating! It is one way that I can take care of Ellie in a semi-normal way :)

We are excited for a holiday week. Thanksgiving day starts with Adam running the Turkey Trot at Calvin at 8 am! Then we will be off to my family for an early dinner. After that we will jump in the car and head to Chicago for a few days! Please pray for safety and health over the holidays. I will be praying for all of you as well.

resting in Christ,
Emily and family

4 comments:

  1. Glad Ellie is doing well...I would LOVE for you to post about the blenderized diet...I was just going to e-mail you about that, as I am wanting to start it for Trenton. (Hoping it will help with bowel issues!) I just got back from the pulmonologist with Trenton....UGH...the roads are BAD! Take Care, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to be thankful for again this year. LOVED the photos of Ellie's bright eyes!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, Emily! Glad to hear that Ellie has done so well for the past month and I hope some fruitful things come out of the next set of doctor appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wish you guys a happy Thanksgiving! We love you, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete