Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

My first post of 2010! :)

We have been enjoying an extended Christmas break here at Vedrafamily. Adam gets off of work from Christmas to New Years, so there has been a lot of sleeping in, relaxing, movie watching, crossword puzzle doing, game playing, and family times.

We have had a good holiday week. Everyone has been relatively healthy and we were able to travel to Naperville to spend time with Adam's family. We all received exciting gifts that we have been playing with a lot. My favorite is a little video camcorder that is about the size of an Ipod, called a Flip. I have been making up for lost time taking videos of everyone this week. That means I will be posting a lot more video on the blog too :)

This time of year is often a difficult time, a time of reflection. I have spent a good deal of time missing Hannah and reflecting on the events of the past year, but I am also choosing to focus a lot of my energy on the blessings I do have, seen in the pictures below.

This year we are especially thankful for the baby that was given to us in Jesus Christ. We could focus on the hardships of the last years, the hopes that have been broken, the dreams vanished. But instead we must focus on all the promises that are yes and amen in Christ. What an amazing gift we have been given.

Here's to another year; we do not know what will come, but we do know that God will be faithful.









13 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing...the video was great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics are wonderful :-) I love that smile Ellie gave Adam about halfway through the video...it's so sweet. She's really trying to tell a story huh? So precious! Brought tears to my eyes. Thankful for your Christ centered attitude with the new year...praying this new year will be full of much comfort, peace and many blessings for you and your family. You are such an inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you all be blessed above and beyond what you can imagine in 2010. The video brought tears to my eyes...Ellie is really coming along...just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!!! I hope it's a great fun filled one. Hope you have a great day (or what's left of it) You're in our prayers each and every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just was thinking of you and thought I'd check your blog. Thank you for posting the pictures and the video was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. God has truly been faithful and he will continue to be. Thanks for the great reminder of that. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, infectious smile! I actually laughed out loud, I couldn't help myself. She is truly blessed to have you both for her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Ellie's smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pics, and the video. they are all growing and changing so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the video of Adam loving his daughter up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to have family time at Christmas time!

    Sweet video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just thinking of you guys and decided to write a note...if you're like me the little messages are so fun to get and perks up your day...so here a little note from me to you and your family.....Barb Harkema

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new photos and video filled my heart with joy! "Faith, Hope, Love, and the greatest of these is Love." God is using these gifts powerfully in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sibling love. Aren't they fun to watch as they share their hugs with each other? L and C do that all the time, too.

    Ellie's conversation and smiles for her Daddy brought a grin to my face. So neat to see!

    ReplyDelete