Friday, November 16, 2007

Margaret's Hope Chest

While Ellie was still in the hospital, we were contacted by a wonderful organization called Margaret's Hope Chest. It is an organization that has been able to bring "beauty from ashes" by spreading hope and comfort that came out of their own tragedy. That is what we hope Ellie's life will do too: spread God's grace through the story and journey of Ellie's health.

What is even more incredible is that, unbeknownst to either of us, the mother of the director of the organization lives less than a block away from us! She was able to walk the quilt over to us.

I encourage you to look at their website. They are an incredible example of hope and spreading God's comfort despite their own tragedy. You might even be able to help them out!

Thank you Margaret's Hope Chest for giving us a gift of comfort and hope during this difficult time.

And now, the pictures :)





9 comments:

  1. Maggie ( Pat-s co-worker )November 16, 2007 at 3:20 AM

    She's beautiful Emily! I'm so happy that Ellie is able to home with her family - she's where she belongs. I read your entries daily and really look forward to them. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I wish you all the best and that Ellie has a beautiful, happy, and healthy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift! and Ellie looks amazing. She is growing like a weed. I continue to pray for all of you and know that God will continue to carry each of you in His Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie is so beautiful on that gorgeous quilt! What a special gift. Ellie's life is touching so many. What a blessing God has given us. Sending hugs and kisses to all of you and can't wait to see you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey pretty lady. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so sweet on that quilt. What a wonderful organization. You never know what kind of blessing is right around the corner from you until you look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt, almost as beautiful as Ellie! I love reading your updates and seeing the pictures. Praying daily for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so peaceful. What a beautiful gift! Peace. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily,

    My sister introduced me to your awesome website. She has a friend of yours in her Bible group. I am touched by your strength and courage. My daughter, Anna Garvey, got her trach out this past Tuesday. She had it for 2 1/2 years. She had a rocky time with severe reflux, hyptonia and eating issues but is doing well today. I know the machines that are becoming such an important part of your family. I know the suctioning, lack of sleep, and agony and desperation. Someone told something at the beginning of our trials that I still hold onto today: "no one can ever tell you what a child can or cannot do in life". Just continue to pray and try to stay strong. It is okay to have your moments. Sometimes feeling complety helpless makes you realize your own strenght. My daughters website is http://www.caringbridge.com and VISIT annagarveytanner. Contact me if you'd like. I've lived the road and will be there if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful quilt, beautiful BEAUTIFUL girl! nice photos too...

    ReplyDelete