Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ellie Update

I'm sorry for the delay in updating. I know you have been praying and wondering how Ellie is doing.

Things have not changed a lot since I last updated. Ellie continues to need oxygen on and off, more on than off unfortunately. We took her for another check-up at the pediatrician who was concerned that things had not improved. The main goal for us and for our doctor is keeping Ellie out of the hospital. She said that it is good that Ellie continues to fight off whatever the virus is, but it is concerning that she has not kicked it yet. So, we left the office with an additional antibiotic that should kick this thing once and for all, as well as some breathing treatments that will open the airways and allow her to breathe easier.

So, we added another piece of equipment and three new medications to our already exciting regimen. We are nervous that Ellie continues to need these additional helps, but are relieved that she has not had to be admitted yet.

Yesterday was also a big day because we took Ellie for her MRI. It went off without a hitch. We also had some blood drawn for additional testing, which did not go as well, but we are glad that is done.

The big news is that we will be headed to Cleveland on March 26! They were able to make the referral much quicker than all had thought, so we hope to know more about Ellie's condition yet this month.

Thanks for the prayers--I will try to keep a bit more updated as things settle down around here.

12 comments:

  1. Emily, I continue to pray for you and your family everyday. You are in my constant thoughts and I miss you terribly! I cannot believe Seth is 3!!! Oh where does the time go? I hope you are enjoying the warm up in the weather and eating lots of Qdoba :o)

    Its so hard when you are in the midst of things to judge events as good or bad. Just know that they are neither good nor bad, just events that continue you on the path that was set for you and your family. You may not know yet why Ellie was sent to you, you may never know, but I hope that you do know how much her life has impacted mine and many others.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys.
    And as always, lifting you up in prayer,

    the Huntefam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you guys are awesome. Loved seeing the whole fam yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a thrill to see little Ellie in person yesterday. She looks just like her pictures, absolutely adorable! Of course she even looked sweeter in her Aunt Julie's arms.
    Noah and Seth were distracted, but I did get a proper "hello" from Noah, they are both so cute too!!
    I am so glad in just a few weeks you will have your appointments at the Cleveland Clinic. I will keep praying for all of you.
    No matter what though, take life a day at a time, and keep trusting in our faithful Savior and Lord.
    Warm weather and sun filled days is just around the corner and soon you will be able to enjoy being outside more.
    It was so good to see you all for a few minutes.
    Love and prayers,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are getting to go to Cleveland soon. I pray that the doctors who will see Ellie will have answers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the MRI went well yesterday and I'll continue to pray that Ellie gets rid of this ear infection soon! Love you all!
    Hugs and Kisses, Aunt Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily,
    Let us know if there's anything we can help you with from the OH side of things. Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emily,

    We are praying for you and your family. Philip asks everyday if there is an update on Ellie. That is disapointing that Ellie still has the infection and is on oxygen but we are so happy that you have an appointment already for Cleveland Clinic.

    Love, hugs and many many prayers, Julie & Philip

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I haven't posted in a while. I still check everyday. I'm glad you're looking at life the way you are. (i.e. having oxygen isn't fun, but staying out of the hospital is the best! Although I got to see you then... just kidding.) I'm sure Ellie continues to fill your life with wonder and amazement. I miss her. I can't believe its already been 4 months + since I've seen her/you guys. We will definitely pray for you guys and Ellie for the Cleveland trip. We will also pray the doctors there know what direction to go next. Everything is in God's hands, and you guys rock for all the love and support and care you give to your little Ellie. Keep up the strong work. Can't wait to read the upcoming blogs/posts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know that I am right there with you in spirit as you prepare for and head to the clinic. Go is God's strength; He will keep you every step of the way, leading, guiding, protecting, and caring for all of you. And remember, He likely has special work for you to do, sharing His love with those you meet in Cleveland.

    Love you,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily and Adam,
    Just wanted to let you know, we are still checking the website and praying for you continually.
    Keep the faith.
    Love,
    Mark & Laura Stob

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you guys are staying in Cleveland- I am sure that my parents would love to come see you and Ellie. It is only 2hours from the house!

    ReplyDelete