Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hannah Update- Wednesday

Hannah has been struggling to breathe on CPAP. She often gets into a position that makes her start to retract in her breathing and it is very sad to watch her work so hard. Because of that, we asked that the ENT consult be moved up.

The ENT was able to come this afternoon and told us what we thought we would hear: that he is recommending a trach. Hannah is not handling her secretions well and her vocal chords are not moving as well as they should. All of this is causing her difficulties with breathing.

Frankly, getting a trach will be a relief for us. It will stabilize her breathing and help her handle her secretions so much better. We are comfortable with a trach, and though we would love it if Hannah could breathe well without one, it is obvious that is not in the cards. So, having accepted that fact, we asked that the doctor perform the surgery as soon as was possible for him.

The tracheostomy will be performed tomorrow at 12:30. We are excited for Hannah's breathing to be stabilized and to see her beautiful face without the CPAP setup all over it. We are also excited to hold her comfortably without worrying about her breathing.

We are doing well and excited to push things forward and get Hannah home quicker. We are excited to have her join the family. I already picture myself sitting on the couch with both girls next to me. Noah is excited to have two babies to kiss and love on.

We praise God for the strength to continue moving forward in this journey.

I can’t remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can’t remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me. (sara groves)


We thank you for your prayers. We thank you for coming up to us even when we don't know you to say you are praying. It means so much.

Love,

The Vedras

17 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that things are moving much quicker this time. It sounds like you will have Hannah home with you much sooner than last time. Praying for the surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to thank you for your faithfulness in posting the condition of Hannah. I feel I can pray more effectively knowing specifically what to pray for! God be near to you all! Love, Delores

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys. I hope/pray that the tracheostomy goes well tomorrow and that Hannah does well with it. She is so beautiful and so lucky to have such a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holding you all in our prayers. Praying that all goes well for little Hannah tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, like Delores am so happy that you continue to post and keep us up on Hannah and the whole Vedra family. It helps us know what specifically we can pray for daily. Keeping you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pray your family can be together very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily & Adam,

    What faithful servants of God you are, your faith and strength is amazing. We continue to pray God's mercy and grace upon your family. May the Lord bless you and keep you in the days ahead, especially dear little Hannah. Thanks for your updates, you are in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all the updates! I am glad the surgery will be happening tomorrow so you can hold her with ease. Praying the surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Adam,
    So nice to talk with you tonight - out on Mayflower Drive. I am so sad that you must go through this trial. There is nothing to say, except that God does not waste suffering. Not ever. Believe that. I am weary from my own suffering as well, but I keep believing that a grander purpose is being accomplished. In the daily though, it's okay to be angry and hurt. God can take it. I am with you all, more than you can imagine.
    Grace and Peace,
    Nadyne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying that all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily - you amaze me - I love how you love Jesus and how you cling to Him. Praying for Hannah, you and your family. Hannah is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you all and for Hannah's surgery. Check out Psalm 61:1-5. It makes me think of you guys; you have a Rock, a Strong Tower, a Refuge, and a heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Vedra Family,
    My prayers continue for you as you make all the decisions necessary to get Hannah home with you. All your posts have truely been amazing to me, you are a wonderful family. Hoping and praying that Hannah recovers quickly from trach surgery and that cuddle time may truely start to be easier for both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Continued prayers. You all never cease to amaze me with your faith.

    ReplyDelete
  15. President Obama promised $100 million and the full resources of the U.S. government for what he said would be one of the largest relief efforts in recent history. U.S. officials said 30 countries had either sent aid or promised to do so. Rescue teams from eight countries were on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pondering hiring, Patti Allen, the chief interior designer with McConnel Allen Interior Design, A Dallas Interior Design Company. This is my initial interior design plan and I am not sure what I should be doing to appraise if she is suitable for me.

    Any suggestions regarding what question I should ask are very advantageous!

    You can check them out here: McConnell Allen Dallas Interior Design
    Here is a picture of one of their rooms:
    http://www.ma-interiors.com/interior-design-portfolio/residential/project-02/mai_interiors_residential_1.jpg

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://www.watchmovies4free.org/wp-content/themes/MovieSitePress/MovieSitePress/images/logo.gif

    Greetings...! http://verifiedfile.com/images/smile.gif

    Does anybody like to Watch Movies For Free? I just put up a new site and want your feedback

    Anyway - the site has no commercials and allows you to stream on demand all of your favorite 2009 movies WatchMovies4Free.org

    ReplyDelete