Friday, September 14, 2007

Eleanor update Friday 11:30am

We saw, touched, and kissed Eleanor this morning. It was nice to see her moving a bit and responding to our voices.

Ellie has been breathing on her own and the breathing tube is out of her throat. We can praise God for the progress we see in her each day! The next step is to begin feeding. If her tummy is able to handle the breast milk that would be a great step forward. By receiving nutrients via her stomach that would mean the removal of the ivs in her belly button. Then we may actually hold our precious daughter for the first time.

The lack of a swallowing reflex and low muscle tone is still a concern and we don't know the reason why yet. And for this reason we are praying for a bed to open up at Devos Childerns Hospital.

Continue to pray for us and Ellie -- We love getting your comments on the blog and emails of encouragement and scripture.

I rest in the fact that my God is a "God of miracles" - Psalm 77

Adam

7 comments:

  1. The Collick family (aka Katlinsmom)September 14, 2007 at 3:37 AM

    Emily and family,
    We are keeping you all in our thoughts. Ellie gaining strength and you being able to hold her will be our mantra for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Adam and Emily,
    we're thankful for the changes so far and look forward to see how God will magnify his great name through Ellie. I'm glad your family has been able to come and support you in this challenging time. A verse I've been memorizing, which is very dear, comes from Ps 63 where we read "on my bed I remember you; I think of you through tech watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." I love that -from the shadow of his wings, like an eagle protecting his children, we can sing -there's no better place. His right hand, the mighty right arm that rescued them from Egypt, and protected them through the desert -that mighty right arm upholds me. May you find rest in under his wings.
    we love you guys and will continue to pray for Ellie's complete healing and grace in the mean time.

    Laura and Francis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam,
    I know I haven't been in touch with you in forever, but I've been following this whole ordeal of yours. My wife, daughter and I are all keeping you in our thoughts and wishing you well! I can say from experience that little baby girls can be incredibly strong :) We are pulling for her and it sounds like everyday she makes another step! All the best,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam and Emily,

    First, we want you to know that we are rejoicing with you in the arrival of this beautiful gift of God. What a blessed addition to your family! We are praying that God will continue to shower you in His grace and bless Ellie with renewed strength and healing. It surprised me to read Francis' comment, because that same verse has been on my heart (Ps. 63:7) May God give you the strength to rest and rejoice in Him because you do dwell in the shadow of His wings. With love and many, many prayers on your behalf,

    James and Teri Meekhof

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam, Emily & precious Ellie

    Your family is constantly in my prayers as I work around the house doing my daily routine. I'm praying for a bed to open at DeVos,for caring nurses and wisdom for the Docs and for your family as you wait on the One Who cares deeply for your every need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you guys & praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continuing to pray for little Ellie...

    Christine and Bryon Hogue
    with Mikayla, Rachel, and Joshua

    ReplyDelete