Thursday, September 13, 2007

Update on the rest of the family

A lot of people have asked if our parents are around and if we need any extra help. We are so thankful to have incredible, loving families to surround ourselves with right now. Adam's mom drove up last night after Eleanor was born and is staying at our house. His dad will be on his way up soon too. His sister also has arrived today and is helping immensely with the boys. My parents had just left for a vacation near Branson MO. They arrived there Wednesday morning and got the news about Ellie in the afternoon. They left for home this morning and my dad drove straight for about 12 hours to get here safely this evening.

We are so blessed to be all together during this difficult time.

The boys are doing as one would expect. They have their ups and downs at home, and then it is really strange when they visit me. They don't quite know what to make of it. Please keep them in your prayers as well.

I can't help but think of the hymn that was sung on Sunday: "I will arise and go to Jesus, / He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior, / O there are ten thousand charms."

Matthew 11:28-30: "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

11 comments:

  1. Your family is in my prayers. You are such a strong women, wife and mother, I am learning so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam and Emily,
    Thank you for the terrific updates and the pictures of Ellie. We will be praying for her this evening.

    Blessings,
    Steve and Susan Vanderwey

    ReplyDelete
  3. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
    My prayers tonight are for precious Ellie Rose. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful - know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Add me to the giant list of people praying for you guys.

    May the God who has overcome the world give you courage in this time (John 16:33).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vedras,
    Thanks for sharing this challenge with us via your website. It is a privilege to pray for you all. Please know that you are much on our minds. I found much comfort in Charles Spurgeon's devotion for this morning as hs reflection deepened my appreciation for Jesus' calming of the storm - http://www.spurgeon.org/mor...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe and Emilie SchellingSeptember 14, 2007 at 1:34 AM

    Emily and Adam,
    We just wanted you to know that we are praying for both of you, the boys and Ellie, We pray that you can all remain strong during this storm, and you will see and feel the comfort of the Lord embracing you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We too are part of the church lifting up the Vedras.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adam and Emily - Ellie is beautiful!
    Thank you for taking time to update all of us so we know how to pray. Praying for your continued strength and peace.
    Randy and Wendy Nelson
    Phil. 4:6-7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adam and Emily and grandparents, I am a friend of Pat's at Grace Church of DuPage in Illinois. I want you to know that many, many of us are praying that our INDESCRIBABLE God will heal Eleanor and provide you with wisdom and peace during this trial. As a grandmother of 15, I know the blessing of each grandchild. They teach us sooo much. Sweet Eleanor is already teaching us to draw near to the Lord and trust Him for the future. How hard and precious that is. Trusting Him....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily,
    My name is Ann Ramirez. I am a LLLLeader from Port Huron. I don't think we have met, but I feel a kinship with you through your struggles. My first son, Joseph, was born at 29 weeks gestation and stayed in the NICU for 6 weeks. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I was not allowed to hold him for 3 days and my heart still aches thinking about how unnatural and difficult it was. I felt I had to be strong and all I wanted to do was cry and scream about the unjustice I felt was handed to me.
    Please know that you are not alone and that it is okay to scream and cry, if you need to. I and my family, will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. God's will be done, and I hope you find comfort in His arms through this hard time.
    Perhaps, by the end of October everything will be fine and I will get the chance to meet you and little Eleanor at the LEW!
    God Bless,
    Ann Ramirez

    ReplyDelete